Sunday, October 5, 2014

Where to Start

My wonderful husband (Chase) and I have been married for 4 1/2 blissful years.  Now, the journey hasn't always been blissful, but our relationship is.  He is my best friend; the man I trust with my life.  We've just built the house of our dreams in our little home town.  Plenty of people would say now is the perfect time to start a family.  We have good stable jobs, and I personally love mine.  I am a Jr. High English and reading teacher at a small Christian school.  So, now would be the perfect time, right?  If only that were true. 
We have been trying to start our family for 2 1/2 years.  This past summer we went through 3 rounds of IUI (Intrauterine Insemination).  All 3 failed, but we were given a little hope from the 2 ultrasounds I had that showed follicles.  I've timed my cycles, taken countless medications, and my least favorite, given myself a shot (yes with a needle) to help me ovulate.  I feel like I could give up my teaching job, and become a Reproductive Endocrinologist.  Ha, only kidding, there's no way I could do what they do.  I will say, my RE and his nursing staff have been wonderful.  They always call me back quickly and answer any and all questions I have. 
I could ramble on for hours and hours about the past few years in dealing with our infertility.  Now, is not the time for that.  I cannot count all the blog posts I have read about infertility.  They have helped me so much that, as menial as this blog might be, I wanted to share our story and journey with others so, in turn, we could give a little hope to someone else.  We are currently taking a time off from all of this crazy baby "making" or lack their of, and working on us. 
The other thought that has been heavy on my heart for some time has been adopting.  This is in no way a "back-up plan".  We have always discussed having a house full of children, but I didn't necessarily want to give birth to a basketball team.  We both adore children, and there are so many out there that are in need of a loving home.  So, I guess this is where we start.  In the next few months we are going to begin the adoption process.  We know that God has an amazing plan for us, and pray that we are seeking His will in everything that we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment