Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Two Pink Lines - Our Little Miracle

As I sit here writing this post, I can't help but feel a little silly about sharing our journey.  No sooner did I start this blog, but shared it on Facebook as well, did we find out that we are PREGNANT!  I know I was as shocked as you are.  Now, I want to clear a few things up because people have told me "I knew it, you just needed to RELAX."  This couldn't be farther from the truth.  We were on a break from all of our RE visits, medications, and so on.  "Just relaxing" happens to couples in the first 12 months of trying not to those who have tried for almost 3 years.  With that being said, I will give credit where credit IS due.  The reason that we are pregnant is that God decided we were ready.  He chose this moment to give us the biggest blessing in the entire world.  I also have to give a little credit to my RE.  Now, I know most of you will say he didn't do anything, but I strongly disagree.  He was the one who started us with medications, which I believe led me to ovulate (which I don't think would have happened without us seeing him).  Well, of course, I couldn't leave out the part that Chase and I had in it because it wouldn't be possible without us. ;)  But, the big thing here is that our little peanut had everything to do with God's perfect timing and planning.  With all that cleared up let's get to the really good part, how we really found out. 
About mid-December, I had not started my next cycle.  I had a regular cycle in October ,but skipped November altogether (which isn't uncommon for me).  Well, by December I just couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I wanted to call the RE so they could get me started on some meds to get my cycle back to normal, but Chase kept reminding me that the office would ask if I had taken a HPT (home pregnancy test), and several times I would mention this and he would say the same thing back to me.  I think on more than one occasion I told him he could pee on it.  I have taken at least 30 in the 2 1/2 years that we have been trying and they are ALWAYS negative.  Well, we went to the store on December 13, 2014 (12-13-14), and ended up buying some.  The cashier was so nice and even told me good luck.  I told her she might have better luck than I (this should have been my first clue).  We went home and actually ended up taking a nap, for some reason that trip took all my energy away (clue number 2).  The whole week before I had been having cramping, like a cycle was coming on.  So knowing my body I just thought it was coming, but it didn't and it didn't (third clue).  So I get up from my nap, and know it's time to test (I really had to go).  I peed in my cup and sang my song (to the tune of Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith - My peeing cup, I fill you up, let's make a baby).  The sad thing is I really did sing this every time I peed in one of those silly cups to test my OPKs or HPTs.  I used the test and within 10 seconds two very dark lines appeared.  Now, I'm going to be honest, so don't think I'm horrible, I was angry.  I thought the test was lying to me, after all this time and testing so much I knew it had to be wrong.  I had just bought the cheap ones because I was tired of spending so much money on the "good" tests.  I yelled at Chase to "go look at that stupid test" and I quote.  I used the second one in the box and we went back to Wal-Mart that night to get more tests because surely there had to be some mistake.  After 4 tests I called the REs office and asked if they would sign off on some blood work ,and, of course, they did.  On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 9:30am it was confirmed that we were pregnant.  I was also in the middle of my school day and couldn't break down in a crying dance, but when we got home we sure did celebrate and cry a little. 
We told all of our families over the Christmas holiday and the look on all their faces was priceless.  The day after Christmas we went to our RE in STL for a appointment.  We had an ultrasound and got to see our little peanut and even hear his heartbeat.  It was music to my hears.  I have never, nor will  I ever hear anything that wonderful in my life again (unless it's another baby of course).  I am currently 9 weeks along and feeling great. 
Back to feeling silly about posting this for everyone to see, I'm glad I started this blog.  There are so many women out there who have experienced some kind of infertility or loss.  I think the point of this and always will be to encourage others.  I never claim to be perfect, nor do I think I ever will be.  I'm just a girl who loves my God, lives in the country, teaches at a little school, and loves her family.  Until next time always Chasing Hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment