Monday, June 1, 2015

We Were ACCEPTED!!!!

     I can't believe I'm actually writing this post.  In just 2 short weeks our would as we have known it has been flipped turned upside down (to quote the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air).  You see several weeks ago we announced that we were picking up where we left off last fall with our adoption.  We began reviewing agencies again and upon searching found a place in Chicago called Angel Adoption, an adoption marketing company.  Right away I loved what I read.  The founders were adoptive mothers and had been through the process several times and wanted to help others adopt too.  So with high hopes I sent them an email requesting more information. 
     The next day I received a call from one of their representatives wanting to talk.  As much as I hated, I had to end the call because I was in the middle of an 8th grade trip with 7 teenagers.  However, upon turning home I found a rather large but information packet in our mailbox from Angel.  They had included multiple references from past clients, a letter from the owners, contracts, many other statistics about their company, and, of course, their pricing guide.  Once sticker shock had worn off, we really began talking about going sign up with Angel.  Everything I read I loved.  We talked most of the night about how on earth we would afford them when Chase came to realize that we had the initial fee cost sitting in our bank account at this very moment.  
     Now let me explain, we are not rich people.  We save, budget, and try to use our heads when making financial decisions.  In fact, we were saving up for a newer vehicle.  The icing on the cake was that we had just sold our boat which we had been trying to sell for over a year.  When I mean just sold I mean the week that the representative called; someone called about the boat, went for a test drive, put in an offer, and hauled it off by that Friday.  By selling our boat this put us at almost the exact amount (with a little to spare) that we needed to cover the sign on fee.  I don't believe in coincidences; I believe in God.  With each step we took throughout these past 2 weeks I've felt like God had been opening that door wider and wider. 
     With the knowledge that we could cover the sign on fee, we set up a meeting with Angel to get just a little more information about the services they provide and answer any of our questions.  Angel Adoption is known nation wide and they receive over 200 application a month only choosing 6 couples a month to work with them.  Yes, you read that right, in one month they receive over 200 applicants of couples wanting them to assist in their adoption.  This little statistic made me extremely nervous.  What if they didn't choose us?  What would we do then? 
     On May 28, we borrowed my moms van and headed to the state of Chicago.  The weather was perfect and by a miracle we made it to Angel on time even in Chicago traffic.  The staff were wonderful and the facility small, but neatly decorated.  I knew that the more I learned about this company the more I wanted them to help us find our Angel.  After an hour meeting, we said our thank you's and good byes and headed back home.   Before completely leaving we were told that someone would contact us via email on Monday June 1 with an answer either yes we want you or no not right now. 
     I had been trying so hard not to think about that email all weekend.  I just had this feeling deep down that out of all those applicants there really wasn't anyway that we would be picked so soon.  But, as always I should have never underestimated my big God.  After checking and rechecking my email all day, I finally had something from Angel at 2:00 and we were accepted.  Through tears in my eyes I called Chase to tell him the great news.  At first he thought we were denied since I was crying (I never cry) but he soon realized that we had been picked. 
     So what's next?  Well, this week we need to sign our 2 year contract and send them a check to cover that sign on fee.  After that we begin our home study and building our profile through Angel.  I am beyond excited to start this phase.  I have felt like I've been in a Disney movie, specifically Frozen.  You know the song (if you have kids) about the doors.? I've felt like so many doors have been closed for so long and it's finally our time for an open one.  It's not going to be easy but in the end it will be so worth it.  Until next time, ALWAYS Chasing Hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment