Wednesday, March 9, 2016

When Pigs Fly

     We have all heard the expression "when pigs fly" used a time or two.  Usually, it is paired with a negative comment or remark.  In todays post, it will be giving us hope. 
     Several months ago, I read the best devotion in my monthly women's devotional magazine.  The author was talking about how her mother kept telling her about how she had picked out the perfect birthday present for her.  Her mother went on and on about how she was going to love this present.  When the present was finally opened the package contained a rather large pig with wings. 
     Baffled as to why on earth her mother would buy her such an odd present, her mother went on to explain that the flying pig is a reminder that nothing (not even a flying pig) is impossible with God. 
     I really wish I would have cut out and kept that devotional.  It made such an impression on me that I made it my mission to find a flying pig for my house.  I looked high and low.  I finally found the cute little guy you see in the photo in a resale shop in Brandon, MO.  He sits right next to me every night when I watch TV, read, blog, or fill out adoption paper work. 
     Keeping this post short and sweet, I just want to remind you (and myself) that no matter what you are dealing with right now; nothing (not even a flying pig) is impossible with God.  He is the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Great I Am, and so much more.  He parted seas, healed the sick, raised the dead, and created the universe.  No problem is too great or too big.  So, what is your flying pig?  Until next time friends, always Chasing Hope. 

But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” ~ Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment