Thursday, January 21, 2016

Dream a Little Dream

     Back in July of 2011, Chase and I along with my immediate family, took a family vacation to Panama City Beach, FL.  We had an amazing time.  Everyday at lunch, after a morning of playing in the ocean or reading on the beach, we would all go back up to our room and eat lunch.  I always chose to sit on the patio and look out at the clear blue water.  As you can see from the photo, we were pretty high up so the only sounds you could hear were the waves crashing on the shore. 
     Could life get any better than this?  At this point Chase and I had been married for a little over a year.  I began to think of how much fun it would be to bring a baby to the beach and watch him run to the oceans edge only to come running back because the waves were too big.  Packing would be a nightmare with all of the extra necessities, but all the cute outfits and swimsuits were just too much to resist.  The dreaming began. 
     We have been back to the beach with my family a total of 3 times now and we are still just dreaming about that beach baby.  However, I do not plan my vacation around a possible baby any more.  I will not allow myself to go there and think about all the different things we would do.  With each passing year, it is just another disappointment and a reminder that we still aren't a family of three on vacation.  When I dream of a vacation with a "baby" I begin to think that it will always be just that, a dream. 
     Again that's where hope comes into play.  One day we will have that sun-kissed beach baby, but until that time we will try our best to enjoy those beach days together.  After all some of my favorite memories have happened at the beach.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment