Wednesday, January 21, 2015

So much love

The last few days have been a whirl wind, from finding out our good news gone bad, to having a D&C.  I have had so many family and friends come up to me, or my mom, and share heartbreaking stories of their losses.  When we were at the doctor's office on Friday the doctor told us that 1 in 8 women will experience a miscarriage.  At that moment, I thought she was just quoting a statistic to me.  However, learning that so many women have experienced the same heartbreak and loneliness that Chase and I have felt is some what comforting. 
While riding home on Friday, I felt so foolish for telling so many people about our little peanut.  I had read and known all the risks about telling friends and family before 12 weeks.  But now, hearing about how many other women have gone through the same thing, I'm glad we told the ones we care about and love.  The outpouring from family and friends has been so amazing, from people praying, to others bringing us food, and even receiving cards.  The best thing that people have done is pray for us.  I know that's part of the reason why I am able to get out of bed and feel "ok" most days.  I have just felt a kind of peace that I know is coming from the flood of prayers for us.  Thank each and every one of you for your support during this difficult time.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment