Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cycle Day 1

     Cycle day 1 or as I have been know to call it CD 1.  It's a little sad really that when I see the abbreviation CD I instantly think cycle day and not compact disc.  Oh, infertility what evil grip you have on me.  This is my first cycle that I started on my own without medicine since I lost Peanut.  It's been 14 weeks since that nightmarish day, but little by little we are moving on.  Some days are better than others. 
     I have never in my life been so excited to have a period.  Several weeks ago we went to see our RE in STL for a check-up.  I will again say that I love my RE, he is always positive and very caring.  I had a sonohystagram done in the office and then an ultrasound to make sure everything was normal after my D&C.  Here's how much fun our RE is, as he was doing the sonohyst (they put a saline solution into the uterus to make sure that it's clear and ready for another bun), he said that everything looked normal and good.  So, I look at Chase and said , "You heard the man he said I was normal".  To which he quickly piped up saying, "Now I just said your uterus looked normal I can't account for anything else".  Instantly my nervousness disappeared. 
     After all the checking we went to talk to him about our options, and he told us what he thought we should do next.  He suggested putting us back on Letorzole and just timing intercourse.  I was so relieved to hear this because this is what Chase and I were going to say that we wanted.   With CD 1 here and my Letorzole sitting on the counter, we get to play the waiting game again.  When I talked to the nurse she told us to start using OPKs on CD 10 to track my ovulation, but for our sanity we aren't going to use them.  I know about when I should ovulate and we'll just wing it. ;)  Here's to hoping for a successful month.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment