Sunday, April 5, 2015

Music Heals the Soul

     I love music, well most types.  When I was younger I loved 80s rock music.  I think my dad had something to do with this since Def Leppord and ACDC was all that he listened to.  By the time I hit middle school I found my own genre of music that I couldn't get enough of pop, the rhythm and the fast pace really got my feet and booty going.  (I love to dance as well, but I'm not very good at it.  That my friends is another post for another day, if ever really.)  When I got to high school the genre again changed to country music.  I'm not talking about todays country, which some of the new songs are good, notice that I say some and not all.  Country music that talked about real love, heartache, and having a good time with friends.  As I get older I still love all of these genres of music, but one, in particular, that I never saw myself liking and actually turning the station to was Christian music. 
     Within the last 3 years I have been listening more and more to our local Christian radio stations.  I never knew there were so many great Christian artists out there.  All of their songs are always uplifting almost like God is smiling as I sing along.  At times, I tend to radio station jump, but I always find myself coming back to the same 2 Christian stations. 
     Through our trying to conceive journey I have found at least a dozen songs that have made their way to my "infertility playlist" as I call it.  Here are some of the songs that help me get out of bed, put on make-up, and fix my hair most days. 

While I'm Waiting by John Waller-  this one makes me cry every time, it is and was the first song on my playlist and the first on I downloaded
Worn by Tenth Avenue North
He Knows My Name by Francesca Battistelli
He Knows by Jeremy Camp
You're Not Alone by Owl City featuring Britt Nicole- I love this song, and play it almost every morning

And a few to pick up your spirits  :)

My Lighthouse by Rend Collective- try and not dance to this song, I dare you
Greater by Mercy Me- again try not to dance, it always puts me in a great mood
Drops In the Ocean by Hawk Nelson- this is a new favorite and my students love it and ask to play it during our morning devotion, you will be singing this one all day long

**All of these songs can be found on youtube.  Most have lyric videos linked to them and they are just as good. 
     I said it before and I'll say it again I love music.  It's the window to the soul and I think at times to God's heart.   It is biblical to sing and dance.  I am southern Baptist and we don't dance which is crazy in my opinion.  King David danced and sang songs of praise to the Lord.  If King David danced so will I.  The man wasn't perfect but he was a man after God's heart.  So pull up a great song on youtube and listen a while.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment