Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Peanut's Memorial

     This past weekend we attended St. Josephs Hospital's Memorial Service for recent miscarried babies.   I will shamefully admit that we were 5 minutes late and by that time the service had already ended.  Granted, I over-looked an important piece of information which was to call pastoral care and let them know we were coming.  It was such a let down.  The designated area was nice, but I felt like it was to impersonal.  I guess I was holding to much hope in the fact that this service might bring a little more closure to our loss of our sweet Peanut.  For me, it did everything but bring me closure. 
     After the services, we changed out of our nice clothes and set out to Lowes in hopes of finding our closure.  I wrote in an earlier post that we were going to plant a tree in our front yard come spring.  Well, it's spring and what better day to go and get our "Peanut" tree than the day of the memorial. 
     Upon arriving at Lowes, we headed straight to the garden section along with the rest of the spring crowd.  This past weekend started out very dreary (which reflected out mood), but turned out to be a beautiful day so naturally everyone needed to start buying their plants for the year.  Before we walked into the section, I knew I wanted a maple.  We have one in our back yard and this past fall it was a gorgeous tree, turning a bright orange.  We had just walked into a section and I quickly noticed the perfect tree.  Standing at over 8 feet tall, there it was and the best part was the name of the tree, a Celebration Maple.  With our large and healthy looking Celebration Maple tree, we made our purchase along with a few other things to make sure our tree grew and headed home.  We ran out of time on Saturday, but Chase was quick to plant the tree Sunday after church. 
     Below is the product of all of his hard work, and I'll say that it turned out great.  Once the last brick was put into place, we both took a step back to look and admire his handy work.  That's when I felt it.  A peace that I know only God can give.  I know that I will forever remember the baby that we were never able to meet, but for some reason I thought this would get easier.  I've realized that day by day it does get easier and some days are harder than others.  With this ever growing tree, I pray that we will always remember the sweet baby that we lost.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment