Monday, September 28, 2015

There Are These Boys ...

     I have re-written this post at least three times trying to express my true feelings about my boys.  On April 3 2012, life as I knew it was about to completely change forever.  That was the day that my first nephew H was born, and the day I became an aunt.  In addition to that independent three year old, I have three other ornery nephews who always seem to brighten up my darkest of days. 
     When I discovered that I was going to be an aunt again, I could not imagine how there would be enough room to love another baby like I did with H.  It's truly amazing how God set up the human heart to grow as others come into our lives.  With the arrival of nephew number two N (to quote my favorite Christmas movie The Grinch) my heart grew three sizes on that early spring morning. 
     I remember the day that both of the oldest boys began to call me by my name.  With H we practiced all the time.  These were my pre-teaching years and I babysat quite a bit and every time he would come over I would say my name over and over until he picked it up.  It wasn't as easy with N, I eventually had to bribe him with little Hostess donuts before he would say my name.  The last two (G and P) haven't turned one yet and can't talk; I guess I will give them a little longer to practice. 
     I love each of my boys equally, but the last two saved me in a way.  You see they were both born on a cold February day within three days of each other.  It was a chaotic week for our family and a little nerve racking for me.  Just two weeks before I received the worst news of my life, that Peanut wouldn't get to meet his cousins.  To be honest I was so scared to even go to the hospital to see my new nephews.  However, I serve an amazing God who in times of sorrow takes something rotten and transforms it into something beautiful.  Going to see my new sweet boys, fixed every broken part of my heart.  To this day I just love to see them both growing and smiling. 
     I know I don't have much time with my boys now, as they are growing up way too fast.  I couldn't imagine a life without block throwing, big wheel racing, wrestling, big hugs and even sticky kisses.  This post may sound a little braggy (if that's not a word it is now) ,but I have the best nephews in the whole world.  Each of my boys are different, and I couldn't love them any more.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment