Monday, September 7, 2015

Scattered Toys

     Being an aunt comes with many jobs.  The one that I take very seriously is making sure my boys have something to play with when they come over to our house.  I don't keep a ton of toys, but enough that we can play for a few hours while I babysit.  I also added old cell phones and you would have thought that I went out a bought the newest, coolest toy from Toys-R-Us.  Well, I guess in a way I did, that's what kids love anyway, right?  It's always funny to see who they will call, Mommy, Daddy, or at times Uncle Chase.  Both of my older nephews know exactly where I keep the toy box and run straight for it when they get to my house. 
     There have been a couple times that the toys have been left out.  I know their parents are cringing at this post, but to me it represents something more.  For at least a day or more I leave the toys scattered around the floor.  It reminds me of something to look forward to when we do have children.  Now every parent that is reading this is rolling their eyes and possibly looking around their house at the scattered toys and saying what a nut job I am.  The way I look at it, is simply this, what will the child remember more your spotless house or that time when every toy in the house was played with in one night?  The child is me is rooting for the second option.
     I have always been a fairly neat person and like when things are picked up.  However, these scattered toys help me to look forward to a messy house where there is love and a whole lot of playing going on.  It also reminds me of a sign that I need to purchase which says," Please excuse the mess, the children are making memories."  As parents isn't that what we are really trying to make with our children, memories?  I pray that is what will be happening in our house in the near future.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope and leaving the toys everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment