Friday, August 14, 2015

I Didn't Know That Muscle Existed

     Chase and I have been going to Crossfit since June and have tried to attend at least 3 times a week.  With a hectic summer schedule we haven't always been able to go as much as we would have liked, but I will say that I'm hooked.  I have never been an athlete.  Growing up I only played summer slow pitch softball and never really did anything past 8th grade.  In high school, P.E. was my kryptonite I avoided it at all costs and even got to skip out  my senior year because I was doing an internship and taking several dual credit courses. 
     When I first started this insane form of torture, I was so out of shape and couldn't do any of the WOD without taking a break or immediately getting winded.  Now, I can keep up with some of the other ladies in the class.  I really noticed a change one Sunday afternoon.  I had one of my nephews and I was tossing him into the air and watching him giggle.  While doing this I thought to myself, huh, I could keep going until he was over it.  Another time we were outside and one of my older nephews wanted to get on my shoulders and ride.  Without batting an eye I picked him up with ease and put him on my shoulders.  Just a few short months ago I would have struggled to raise him that high. 
     It's not just in areas related to my boys that I have noticed that I am getting stronger.  I am one of those people who try to get all the groceries brought in with one trip.  Especially this time of year, the horse flies are enormous and practically attack you when you step out of the door.  Well this last time, I did have to make 2 trips, I hadn't shopped in a few weeks.  That last trip I managed to bring in 3 Wal-Mart sacks, 1 overloaded Aldi bag (I always cram as much as I can into my bags and then regret every minute of it when I carry them in), 2 gallons of milk, and a case of water all while screaming and running away from the kamikaze horse flies.  (If you're laughing you should be, my family always makes fun of me this time of year because I run and scream from the car to the house because of those stupid bugs.) 
     All of that to say I have never felt better.  I never thought in all my life I would get excited about a work out or dare I say enjoy lifting weight.  Each class is a new day, the WOD is never the same.  Some of the moves are the same but you never know what form of torment they are going to make you perform.  Sadly, I keep going back for more and in the foreseeable future I am hooked.  I love how I feel and I can tell that I am losing weight, even though its a slow process.  Until next time always Chasing hope, and feeling like Wonder Woman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment