Saturday, May 16, 2015

Chasing Hope, Choosing Joy

     For my birthday and teacher appreciation week, one of my students brought me the beautiful bracelet you see below.  Well, let me rephrase that, his mom was actually the one who had it made for me.  When I asked him if he picked out it out he just smiled sheepishly and said, "Come on Ms. Hyde you know better".  Did I mention that I love teaching Jr. High kids?  :)
     I love that she included my blog name on the bracelet.  I noticed that she added another phrase below, Choosing Joy, what an amazing addition.  To be honest, I hope that is how people see me through this blog as a woman who does both.  This has not been an easy road to travel, and at times that joy has been hard won.  Right out of the gate I will say that I really didn't spend a whole lot of time in daily devotion.  The turning point was after our third failed IUI.  I knew God loved me and never left my side, in reality, I was the one giving him the cold shoulder.  I began to start to see who God  really is and just how much He loves me by starting a daily devotion.  It started out simple because the thought of spending 30 minutes a day was very intimidating to me.  While I ate my morning breakfast I started reading the book of James and took it a chapter at a time.  Things were going great, and I began to get in the habit.  I was starting to hear God more and had moved on to other books of the bible.  Then again my world was rocked when we lost Peanut, but this time I knew who to turn to after the initial shock wore off. 
     When I began piecing this post together I Googled scripture that related to joy and wouldn't you know it that God led me to the perfect verse.  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  Romans 12:12  I know what the word affliction means but the English teacher in me wanted a better definition.  Dictionary.com says it is a state of pain, distress, or grief; misery.  In other words ,be patient during times of grief/misery.  I thought the last two descriptions were prefect since dealing with infertility and miscarriage can at times feel like any of those definitions.  Through prayer and a deeper analysis of God's word, I am truly finding out who God really is and choosing joy through this journey.  Until next time friends, always Chasing Hope and Choosing Joy!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment