Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Families Come In Many Different Forms

     Sunscreen in my pores, waves crashing, and sand on my toes, that was our beach setting for the last week.  As our Myrtle Beach vacation came to an end, I couldn't help but notice all the families that we encountered over the short week who had obviously adopted.  I am talking about the families who have adopted a child from another race other than their own.  On 3 separate occasions I counted 3 couples who adopted.  With that in mind I wonder how many others have adopted that we wouldn't even realize? 
     I wonder if when you are going through a season in life you are more aware or tuned into others who are going through the same experiences you are.  Take this strange example, have you ever started looking for a new vehicle and upon test driving or buying slowly began to notice all the other people that have the exact same vehicle that you do?  I feel, while in the midst of our adoption, my senses have been more in tuned to look around at other families and their make-ups. 
     It was so refreshing to see other happy families having fun with one another.  It's also a reminder for myself to fill out that next paper, send that next email, and make that appointment so we can become that happy loving family we have seen on vacation.  As the days go by, I will think of those families and dream of the day that I can be someone's else hope through their adoption journey.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment