Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Plowing Through Paperwork


     I have heard stories of all of the paper work that comes with adopting a child, but never in my wildest dreams could I have truly imagined the horror.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little.  With so many different forms already piling up around us, I knew I needed to stay organized.  Off to Staples I went where I found the 13 slotted pocket folder you see below.  Not to toot my own horn, but I am the Queen of organization.  When we built our house we did not have a general contractor who handles paper work, keeps track of liens or anything else that needs taken care of while building.  Chase and I were the general contractors, so organization was key and we did a pretty good job. 
     So, with that in mind I bought an adoption pocket folder.  When we built I used a binder and it wasn't my favorite tool.  However, the pocket folder, I have found, is so much better.  I spent a little extra on this one, the pockets touch the bottom of the folder so nothing can get mixed up or slip between the cracks.  There were several folders that were a little cheaper but remember you get what you pay for and I knew this needed to last a while.  This one also has a large pocket in front for keeping any random items or business cards.   

 
 
     I love all the extra pockets.  As you can see we haven't filled them up yet but I'm sure we will soon enough.  Plus, I am not sure what all I will need in the days to come so I just left the back pockets blank.  For the time being our sections are as follows: receipts, home study, Angel info, fundraising ideas and just a few others.  The home study slot is getting a lot of work since we are in the middle of it.  

 
     Call me crazy, but I can't stand using cheap pens so I splurged on bought Sharpie pens.  They are so nice and write smoothly.  

 
     I know everyone has their own way of being organized while wading through the never ending pile of paperwork.  I just wanted to share what is working for me.  Another plus about the pocket folder is never having to worry about things slipping out if you drop it.  When I had our house building binder, I had to pick it up a certain way or risk picking a million papers up off the ground.  I know this post won't have the interest of everyone, but I thought it needed writing.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment