Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My Aching Body

     For a little over a month now Chase and I have been surviving Crossfit classes at a new gym in our town.  Are we crazy?  Yes, but we have tried many different work-outs and programs and nothing has worked for long.  The first two weeks that we attended there wasn't any charge for the class, so why not give it a try.  Now you need to know something about me and some of you already do.  I am not an athlete.  No, really, in high school I didn't play sports and I have never lifted a large weight in my life.  Within the last few weeks I will say that I survived the weight days and, for a newb, did pretty well, at least in my opinion, and that's really the only one that counts.
     I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would like something as intense and rigorous as Crossfit.  Let me tell you the atmosphere is completely different from going to the regular gym.  Why you ask?  Well don't you worry, you know I will tell you.  For one you have a trainer, and at times 2, showing you how to properly lift or do whatever it is you are trying to accomplish, which at this point for me is complete the work out in the time allotted and I'm always the last one to finish.  However, the way I see it is that I am there and trying to better myself.  The trainers are there for support as well.  Even though I always complain, I am so glad that I have someone telling and showing me what I need to do. 
     Another thing that surprised me was that I actually like it.  Now while in the midst of said work out I will tell you it is pure hell, but I have found that I would rather be sore than have that feeling of not accomplishing anything.  Even when I have rest days I feel like I'm missing something. 
     The last thing that took me off guard was how nice the people were.  Now, by people I mean other people in the class and most have been working out and can do way more than me.  I will never forget the third day we went, the WOD (workout of the day) was a nightmare.  The torture began and yours truly was the last to finish, but as time was almost over the other classmates came over and were cheering me on to finish.  Even though my slow behind didn't finish the WOD completely I made it farther in the workout than I ever thought possible and the fact that others were cheering me on really lifted my spirit.  As I said before I am still the last to finish, but I do finish in the allotted time.  My goal is to one day be that person cheering on a newb to finish their workout because there is no greater feeling that thinking someone is on your side wanting you to accomplish your goal as well.  My body still aches, but in all honest I haven't felt this good in a long time.  Until next time, always Chasing Hope and feeling great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment